Canterbury's Book Palace

Hello readers! I know it's been a few days since I've updated. Fist, I just have to say how amazing Google Earth is. It's kinda of a creepy wonderful. It's been helping me find the names of some of the bookshops that I remember absolutely loving, but couldn't remember the name of. See, I associate things I liked over in England by the city we were in at the time. So, Palace Street in Canterbury is a really interesting and fun street to walk down. It's got a lot of kooky shops... but I loved it! Canterbury was probably one of my favorite shops. There were two fabulous bookshops there. One was run by these two elderly men, who were both so funny! I always have the best conversations in bookshops... ha. I have a story about a guy I met in a London bookstore... but that's for another time. Anyways, I got a really fun copy of King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table. It's not Le Morte d'Arthur, which is the compilations of King Arthur stories that many Arthurian writers have used as a foundation text, but it's still fun. I actually want to find a copy of Le Morte d'Arthur... I found one in a really neat bookstore in Maine, once,  but for some reason I didn't get it. Anyways, it's a really open, cheery bookstore, and actually (I didn't realize this at the time) but it's a charity fundraising bookshop, for a organization called Catching Lives. Read all about it here!

Book Palace!

0 comments:

Post a Comment