Oxfam Secondhand Stores

Oxfam is an international charity organization that proves humanitarian relief around the world. But they also have a chain of secondhand stores where they sell donated items; the proceeds from which are what fund Oxfam. Anyways, they have these stores all across the United Kingdom, and seriously, this is the best case ever of not knowing what you're going to find. They have everything! Clothes, accessories, games, and books, many many books. I saw copies of Harry Potter in probably every Oxfam store I went to. You just kind of have to go in and see; sometimes, you'll find really beautiful old copies of classic stories, or almost brand new paperbacks. If you know what you want, you'll be able to find out if they have it. Oh, they also have an awesome childrens' books section. Just look for the green lettering, and it's time to go treasure hunting! Huzzah! So, sorry this is a short post, readers. Busy week! But seriously, I like the idea of mixing books with charitable donations. I am a big reader, and love books so much that I want everyone to have similar experiences. To be able read and experience things through the imagination is truly a gift. No wonder my roommates would start singing Belle as I'd walk in the door with my nose in a book... and I really can't think of a nickname I'd rather have.

Oxfam Books!

1 comments:

Jon said...

Nothing says love like Oxfam. I dig the blog.

Post a Comment