Guildhall Market in Bath

It's official via me: Bath is one of most unique cities in England. It's got a fascinating history, beautiful architecture, a really neat hostel, and, of course, a incredible amount of places to buy books. I got my copy of one of my favorites stories ever: The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. I went to The Guildhall Market (All about it here!), and wow, it was like a miniature world of jewelry shops, places to eat (delicious bakeries there), bookshops, and just about every other kinda of keepsake and knickknack you could ever hope to find. It. Was. Amazing!
 

Self-Explanatory...

I stayed in there for a while, and didn't even see everything. But, there is this place called Skoobs, which was paperback trading central. They had hundreds of books in this little space, and they were well priced too. It was so fun to peruse their selection, because you literally didn't know what you were going to find! You could tell they tried to keep it organized, bless them, but with all the people coming and going... there was no help for it. There are different general sections, like Fiction, Cooking, Current Affairs, and so on, so you could find the general topic pretty well. Otherwise, it was a browse-to-find experience. And we love that if we're not looking for something in particular. Right, guys?


Also possibly self-explanatory...

 I also found this video on The Marketplace Cafe, which is fascinating if you love local culture. And see if you can spot Skoobs! I kinda want to meet Dolly now... anyways, I thought this was excellent. And relevant. Let me know if you agree.



Oh, and have an awesome week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment